Bffect - GRANACTIVE RETINOID EMULSION 2 % + GABA SERUM
- This formulation used 2% Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate (HPR or Granactive Retinoid), a new member of the retinoid family & a next-generation anti-aging active for cosmetics.
- This ingredient works similar to retinoic acid, the metabolite of retinol, but without its irritation. It helps skin renewal, reduces surface roughness and age spots, and prevents skin scaling.
- GABA is a natural ingredient that helps reduce fine lines, improves skin elasticity and smoothness, repair damaged skin, and promotes cell reproduction.
- Bisabolol is an anti-allergy and antibacterial ingredient suitable for sensitive skin for its mildness. It promotes wound healing, improves skin roughness and redness, slows down skin aging, and enhances skin’s resistance to external stressors.
- Oat kernel oil- contains essential fatty acids, due to which this oil helps to soothe sensitive and damaged skin and nourish the skin. Oats oil is rich in antioxidants so it also helps in reducing the signs of aging and softening the skin.
How to use
- Apply one to two drops at night time to clean dry skin.
- Ideally wait a few minutes to allow it absorb and follow with a moisturiser. This should not be used at the same time as any other actives such as AHA’s, BHA’s, Vitamin C or other retinol products.
- If you have not used products with retinol before apply twice a week and gradually build up to nightly application as your skin adapts.
Aqua, Propanediol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polyacrylate-13, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Polyisobutene, Aminobutyric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Bisabolol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Avena sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid
Where is Glow secret located?
We're based in Nairobi (2 stores located in Adlife Plaza and Jamia mall) and mombasa, but we ship throughout East Africa.
Do you have physical stores?
We have 3 retail store fronts:
- 1st store is located In Town , Jamia mall, Tubman lane first floor, F100. (NAIROBI)
- 2nd store is located in Adlife plaza, Mazanine floor, MZ15. (NAIROBI)
- 3rd store is located in Nyali center, Shop B20, ground floor near naivas.
Do you offer In-store pick up? and is it free?
Yes we do and It is completely free of charge. Please make sure to choose your pick up location in the cart page during Check out in other to be eligible for in-store pick up.
Where do you get your products from?
All our products are manufactured in Korea, Japan and Canada and shipped directly from Korea to Nairobi, Kenya. We work directly with many brands and directly source from them. We pride ourselves in being very authentic as the market is saturated with fake products.
I'm new to skin care and k-beauty, how can I start?
We have well trained skincare personnel that are ready to assist you. If you cannot come to our stores, You can kindly reach out to us via the glowsecret live chat on the bottom right of the screen, via the "Talk to our skin care experts" link in the Skin consult drop down in the main menu or via our social media. Drop us a dm/message on instagram, or any other portal mentioned above tell us your main skin issue, send us a picture of your bare skin. We would be glad to help!
Note: this will never be shared without your consent and we will gladly give you the best.
We love K-beauty because of soo many reasons that we can’t all list below. K-beauty products really do work, THEY REALLY REALLY WORK PEOPLE as it's being proven time and time again by several positive reviews from our clients and you definitely get your money’s worth. They are very affordable and as good if not better than all the hyped and mostly very expensive western skincare products out there today. They are mostly plant based and are more targeted to your specific skin issues.
Are Korean cosmetics cruelty-free?
The Korean National Assembly has passed a bill banning companies from testing cosmetics and ingredients on animals, effective from 2018. While this is incredible news, prior to this law taking effect there were very few K-beauty companies still testing on animals. You can rest assured that from 2018 all cosmetics produced in Korea will be cruelty-free.
Enter Your Email.