Last updated: 07/06/2021
If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the “last updated” date that appears above. If you do not agree to the new terms, you should stop using our websites/mobile apps or otherwise providing information to us.
What information do we gather about you?
We collect personal information directly from you. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card or other payment information, age, location, and any other information you choose to provide. We also collect information from you automatically, including:
Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product detail, purchase price, and date of the transaction.
Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of our website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you viewed before navigating to our website.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We may also collect geolocation information from your device in accordance with your device settings.
Payment Information: When you make a purchase we may collect identifiers such as your full name and billing address in connection with your purchase. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc, a third-party services provider. After you place an order on our website you will need to make payment for the goods or services you have ordered. We share your personal information with third parties which process payment card transactions on our behalf. Our third-party payment processors collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies. You can access their privacy policies via their own website
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
How do we gather information?
We collect information directly from you including:
- If you register an account with us
- In connection with an online purchase
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through one of our websites or mobile apps, or share content linking to any of our social media platforms
- If you enroll in our loyalty program
- If you participate in a contest, or promotion]
- If you return a product
- If you contact us via e-mail or through our customer service
- In connection with your interactions with our Skin Consult service, including the personal information you provide when you complete a Skin Consult questionnaire (Take a skin quiz)
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our website or mobile app
- We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons to collect information from you. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and services
- To fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your purchase, and provide you with updates with respect to your order status and shipment, to provide you with related customer service in order to manage our contractual relationship with you, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, and rewards and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you
- To administer our promotions and our rewards scheme
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our products
- To help us address problems with and improve our website design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To analyze trends and statistics, audits, develop new products, enhance our website, improve the Services, identifying usage trends for our website and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and the Services, including to perform security analyses to verify that the Services are working properly and have not been compromised based on our legitimate interests
- For internal and operational use, such as to enable the website to function
- For other purposes when in identified or aggregate form
Do we share your information?
All personal information we collect about you may be shared with our subsidiary companies.
We may also share personal information about you with unaffiliated service providers for purposes of providing services to us. These may include providers of services such as website hosting, data analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provisions, auditing and other services.
When you complete a purchase, we share personal information about you and your purchase with our third party payment providers for the purpose of processing your transaction, including credit card authorization (or other payment information), and order processing and fulfillment.
We may share personal information about you to comply with applicable law and regulations (including laws outside of your country of residence) including law enforcement.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
In the last twelve (12) months, we have disclosed:
- Identifiers to subsidiaries and third party service providers
- Internet or other electronic network activity information to third party service providers
Glow secret does not sell your Personal Information.
Third Party Links
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of third party websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We follow industry best practices and take reasonable precautions to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place physical and electronic safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to our website and the Services (such as your name and contact information) by signing in to your account or by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers, from us or our subsidiary companies, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email, or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
How do we protect kids’ privacy?
We will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. Our website is not targeted to or intended for use by children. However, if we learn that we have received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database.
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or make purchases on our website);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Our websites use the cookies and other tracking technologies listed below, to help enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. Cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences tell us which parts of our website you have visited and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements, and provide consistent and personalized services and experiences.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, please read this section for additional disclosures about how we collect, use, and disclose information about you and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.).
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Sale of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the previous 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed in the “What information do we gather about you?” above.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Selling Information: We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “What information do we gather about you?” above.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information: We collect personal information from and about you as described in “What information do we gather about you?” above.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in “What information do we gather about you?” above.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the categories of personal information listed in the “What information do we gather about you?” section above.
- Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell” which, for the purposes of the CCPA, means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners or third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding 12 months we have not sold personal information about you such as your name, email address, phone number of postal address.
Your Consumer Rights
Access: California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. They may also request the categories of personal information we have collected about them, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell their personal information, the categories of personal information we have disclosed and sold about them in the preceding 12 months and the business purposes for such sales, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information in the preceding 12 months and the business purposes for such sales.
Deletion: California consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions).
Opt Out of Sale: California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. We do not sell personal information for the commercial purposes of advertising.
- Nondiscrimination: California consumers have the right not be discriminated against for exercising any of their CCPA rights.
If you are a California resident, you may exercise your rights under the CCPA by emailing email@example.com. You may also login to your account to access and correct your account information at any time.
When you exercise your rights, to confirm your request and ensure we respect your privacy and security, we will prompt you to verify your identity by confirming your name, e-mail address, or phone number (or other identifiable information).
Your Nevada Rights
2019 Nev. L. 211 permits customers of Soko Glam who are Nevada residents to request that we not sell their personal information. We do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law. If you are a resident of Nevada and would like to request that we not sell your information in the future, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I contact you?